Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The End

It's been exactly one month and a day since my last day in Jerusalem. I've turned in my shekels for dollars, falafel for In-n-out burger and views of the Old City for views of the Pacific Ocean. California is and always will be my home, but I'm learning that each time I travel, I seem to lose a piece of my heart to that location.

Marguerite and Ricardo from Spain still fill my thoughts weekly and I expect Raya, Muna and Ranin to creep in at least daily for the coming year.

As sad as it is to leave, I am so incredibly happy knowing that 80 more students are there right now experiencing what you've been reading these last months with all 6 senses. There are definitely 6. You can taste the food, see the sights, feel the wind, hear the music, smell the flowers and most impacting, love the people. As much as I can express in writing, there is no replacement for the real thing.

For anyone who has experienced the Old City for themselves, I hope this video brings you back.


It's been amazing. Thanks for letting me share.

Also, I have 2 more albums with lots of pictures here.

Grandma, you'll enjoy this one best.

3 comments:

MaryClaire Brown said...

wow. looking at that video and all the pictures makes me feel like it was only yesterday that i was there. but, strangely, at the same time it seems so distant. i remember the feelings i had/have about that place, and it has forever changed me. i love that, but i have a hard time realizing that some of what i experienced and learned isn't near the surface of my heart and mind like it used to be. but, i am more tolerant and understanding of all people as a result of being there...a lesson for which i am forever grateful. thanks for sharing your journey!

Nina and Ryan said...

Hey Parker!! I was just blog hopping and ran across yours--thanks for posting your Jerusalem experience, it has brought back so many memories for me!!!

Mama Bee Simple said...

Lovely post & blog :)

hope to hear from you,
Monika ♥