Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sing, sing, sing. I like to sing.

I've had the blessed opportunity since I've been here to attempt to emulate my mother's awesome musical talent. Robert Galbraith, an amazing musician and composer has been directing a choir here. Every week we get to learn a new piece, usually an original arrangement of his or something really amazing like Ave Verum Corpus by Mozart. Last week we gave a concert here at the Jerusalem Center. This was the opening piece, a lullaby from Hansel and Gretel. We performed the first song behind the audience, then moved down to the stage for the rest of the concert.

In April we will be giving a concert at the St. Georges Cathedral here in Jerusalem. This video also shows off the Jerusalem Center Auditorium. Sunday Night Concerts are given here every week and are attended by both locals and tourists.

3 comments:

kara jayne said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!! There was nothing better than singing in that gorgeous auditorium. I miss it SO MUCH!!

You may not know, but I think of your parents a lot when I think of Israel. They knew about the situation between Paul and I and were so excited when I got engaged while out there. Paul wasn't able to come and propose like your Dad did to your Mom while she was on study abroad, but I always think of them and what great examples they are to us.

Dianne said...

The choir sounds BEAUTIFUL! I am so grateful that you are having this awesome musical experience while you are in this amazing place. It's so wonderful to see my beautiful daughter there in the Jerusalem center. I love you, Sweetie!

Lauren said...

parker i didn't know that you sang!! wow that was beautiful and i'm soooo happy that you are having such a great experience. keep making the most out of every day. take care beautiful!