Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hummus - Rita vs. Lina




















While I'm not sure I'll ever find hummus good enough to rival my grandmother Rita's simple but perfect recipe, I did find a place that comes very close. Hummus Lina is supposedly some of the best hummus in the world, a local favorite. I experienced it today and it was splendid.

The white stuff in the picture is called Labaneh. You know food is good when you are still imagining the taste in your mouth an hour later. It is a type of really thick yogurt made from goat cheese, tasting a lot like cream cheese but fluffier and healthier.

The following is a description of my friend, Scott Nibley's first experience with Hummus Lina a couple weeks ago:

"It was the greatest delicacy, perhaps, of my life. The hummus was so subtly flavored, so delicate--a most simple decadence, whose combination of texture and taste make resplendence personified." (full disclosure)

After a morning spent touring the City of David and walking through Hezekiah's tunnel (more to come later), this was a great topper. Good food in my stomach=happiness.

3 comments:

MaryClaire Brown said...

i'm definitely salivating!

Seth said...

That hummus looks so much better than and hummus I've ever seen or tasted, expecially CPK's hummuss. Jealous.

Matt said...

I ate at hummus lina last summer at least 10 timesin the 2 weeks I was in Jsalem. I cant stop thinking about how good it was