Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jellyfish and Egypt

As much as it may look like one, that's not a plastic bag. It's a jellyfish!

A group of us went to Tel Aviv a couple days ago and had a great time enjoying the slightly warmer temperatures than Jerusalem has to offer right now. As a California girl, I'm just simply happier with the sun in my eyes and sand between my toes.


















I'm off to EGYPT tomorrow for a week and can't believe I'm actually going. As I spoke with my Grandpa Orin today, who spent a lot of time in Egypt working for AMIDEAST, I told him,

"I know it's gonna be amazing but I really have no idea what to expect."

He warned me that he had diarrhea a lot while he was there. Woo hoo! I'm pretty sure he thinks it's a cool country too.

8 comments:

Erica Crismon said...

i am just as excited as you hoped i would be that you got to see a jellyfish! cross that off your list. next: a full grown bull shark. we can do it....we will do it.

MaryClaire Brown said...

yay for sand between your toes! i'm so excited to hear about egypt since i didn't get to go there. take lots of pictures, and soak in everything you can from hiking mt. sinai. that was definitely one of my biggest highlights. love you.

Lauren said...

my mom got stung by a jelly fish while swimming in hawaii...she couldn't see it's tentacles and it got her...careful. have a blast in egypt i can't wait to hear about it

Tanya Parker Mills said...

I was with Dad on one of his Egypt trips and had a terrible upset stomach. He thought a bottle of K-Cola (their version then of Coke) would help me throw up and feel better, so I drank some. It settled my stomach within half an hour. No vomiting, no diarrhea. Hopefully, you won't have to deal with it.

Also, after hearing how tremendously huge the Pyramids were, I was kind of (Gasp!) disappointed when I saw them in person. I'll be interested to hear your impressions.

Have a great time!

Brooke said...

i miss you! Your blog is terrific. I am telling my mom to go read it because in oct they are going on a vaca and visiting the supposed travels of Lehi. Kind of a huge step for my parents from little moapa NV.

Love you!

Brooke

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Catharine, I found your blog on your sisters link. I'm Elizabeth Garff's little sister. I just went to visit Marie Claire this week and met her sweet little ones. She mentioned you were in the Holy Land. So jealous. I went winter 2000 and it really was a life changing experience. Enjoy it! So cool...just so cool. I even had a falafel yesterday...in case you were wondering.