Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"Listen to their hearts."

I'm sitting in the Vienna airport right now, anxious to get to Tel Aviv. Just before I left the states, my grandmother (Rita - I have a feeling I might be referring to her a lot) gave me some very poignant advice. After emanating her express excitement for my arrival in Jerusalem (and giving me a handful of names of old friends she would love for me to contact), she rolled of several bits of information and advice. One stuck with me and is something especially important in travel to the Middle East, a place strung with contradicting stories and opinions. I hope to live by this my whole life, but especially while studying in the Holy Land.

"Listen to the people, Catherine. Listen to their hearts."

1 comment:

MaryClaire Brown said...

that really is great advice. i love it. and, as you said it's applicable to all of us in all that we do and in dealing with everyone we meet. grandma is a wise woman!