Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Week

Despite having two final exams on Good Friday, my easter week in Jerusalem is ending quite nicely. I just got back from Midnight Mass at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and I have just under three hours before we depart for a sunrise service at the Garden Tomb. Tuesday brought an amazing day in Bethlehem where we saw the birthplace of Jesus Christ and spent an evening at Shepherd's field. The following day I visited the supposed birthplace of John the Baptist in Ein Kerem, which is a quainter and pleasant part of Jerusalem.

I can definitely say this is a week I'll never forget. Then again, that same statement could be said for every week I've been here.

Tomorrow we leave for Galilee for 10 days so future posts at this time are pending the strength of the internet connection there/price for usage.
HAPPY EASTER!

No comments: